Oatmeal and pancakes are very popular breakfast options. This oatmeal pancake recipe combines them to give perfect start to your day. Oats add texture and a unique flavor to these pancakes. Serve them with your favorite fruit and yogurt.
Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
Serving: 10 pancakes
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour (preferably wheat)
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar (preferably natural cane sugar)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs beaten (or 3 egg whites for a lower fat version)
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in the oats and let them sit while putting together the dry ingredients. *see note*
- In a large bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the oat/milk mixture.
- Stir only until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Rub a stick of butter lightly over the skillet, or add a dab of coconut oil to spread around the pan.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the middle.
- Once the edges begin to dry and bubbles begin to form, flip over and cook for another minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with seasonal fruit and yogurt.
*Note: if you want a smoother texture, you can pulse your oats a few times in the food processor.